1.9.11

Simple Happiness

Pasar Cihapit, pic from here

Taman Lansia, pic from here


They said things happen for a reason

I used to have no time for family. Dating first, and if i had enough time, i'd give it to have a chatty moment with my parents, -very rare occasion-.

I used to have no time in the kitchen, except baking things for my bf. 

I used to have no time to use my running shoes.

I used to have no time for everything. Except dating and socializing.


Now since almost of my friend are married -or preparing a wedding-, i realize that what is left for me is my family, to be exact, my parents. I might be not a very good daughter, since i just realize this things now in my mid 20s, especially in my singletini, and after i met a person who has a great love to his parents. 

Today is the day when i commit to myself for a simple happiness: jog in the park with my parents, shop at traditional markets, and cooking. With no make up, no high heels, no artificial things and so on. 21 years in Bandung, i've never jogged in Taman Lansia, never shop at Pasar Cihapit, and never show up in a hype places, with a sport suit. I know, i know, it sounds like a brat. 

Today i proved it that it was ok. 

Yesterday is the day when i realize, that being mom is one hell of responsibility. I helped my friend breastfeed her newborn baby -harder that i thought it was- ; and realizing this: i feel guilty for not taking care of my parents that much. I very much intense having, and enjoying my 'networking' time, as it is part of my responsibility and tasks -anyway, it doesn't-. It's like put all your effort for a foreign policy, without a strong domestic policy. 

Maybe God wants me to have balanced life, that's why, i'm being what i am now.




No comments: