Last night i had my usual after-office meet up with my girl friends. I was stuck in Jakarta's traffic for about 45 mins. I enjoyed every minute, an awkward silence between me and my cab driver. I put my earphone on, and shuffle my iPod. I heard this song for the first time.
So, this is by Beyonce.
Scared of Lonely.
I try to be patient but I'm hurting deep inside
And I can't keep waiting, I need comfort late at night
And I can't find my way, won't you lead me home?
'Cause I'm lost in this dream, I need you to hold me
I'm scared of lonely
And I'm scared of being the only shadow I see along a wall
And I'm scared of the only heart beat I hear beating is my own
And I'm scared of being alone, I can't seem to breathe
When I am lost in this dream, I need you to hold me
I'm scared of lonely, I'm scared of lonely
WTF what are you doing Beyonce? R u turning into Adele?
and WTF, shuffled iPod, why you have to play this kind of song, in the middle of Jkt's traffic and sudirman city light?
Speaking of which, Lady Antebellum's Need You Now was played. Heck, this new toy is really know me well. and guess what's next? yes, i tweeted it. Runaway, Unplugged by The Corrs.
I love you, my phone.
I'm not lonely, i am with my friends. Many friends, here in Jakarta.
I'm not lonely, i don't have that usual female dependency.
I'm not lonely, i have hundreds of bbm contacts,
thousands of social network friends, and family.
I'm not lonely, never have and never will.
There goes my 4 hours after-office fine dine.
I was happy. Met my old friend. Everyone.
Click.
Door opened, i see my dark apartment.
I turned on the lights.
There it goes my friend.
Comfy couch, pillow, shoes and bags.
So, what are we talking about?
Loneliness?
Yes, it's me with my own heart beat and my own shadow.
I've accomplished my dream, and it was paid off.
Life is all about choices, isn't it?
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side!
No comments:
Post a Comment